Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Those little moments in time.

Have you ever noticed that try as you may to plan special experiences with your friends and families it is always those spontaneous little moments that become memorable and stay with us. The most fun I have had this Holiday season happened completely on it's own at the most unexpected time.
My sister traveled from her home a few hours from me to visit my parents and my family for Christmas. We tried to plan a Christmas celebration and do fun things but it always ends up more stressful than fun (As things often do with my family) So Monday they were packing up their things to head on the trip back home. The kids were on complete overload and the adults were at the end of our ropes. It the process of packing, the kids escaped out front running around wildly in the cold snow. My brother in Law was attempting to pack up the family dog and it's belongings and dumped the entire bucket of tiny dog food all over the front porch and step. We began cleaning it up and before I realized who started it or how it began there was snowballs flying in every direction. The adults and children alike... running around outside in the cold with no coats or gloves flinging snow with our bare hands at each other... laughing and giggling. Even Nana got in on it (A miracle in and of it self) We played for a good half an hour until we were all frozen wet and cold yet still with big smiles on all of our rosy faces.
These are the things memories are made of. I Cherish these moments the most.

No comments: